Clinics are the core of any NMRA National Convention. They're a great way to see and learn better and different ways to model your favourite prototype, gather new information, or to learn about new prototypes, scales, techniques and products, and to meet and hear from both accomplished masters and from new clinicians from all over the world.
With the 2022 convention in England, we'll be showcasing UK modellers, prototypes, scales and techniques as well as attracting the favourite US and European speakers and themes, but all will be delivered with the same passion and enthusiasm for our great hobby that we all share. We're looking forward already to welcoming you to our Clinic programme.
Potential clinicians include
- Chris Webber, curator of Pendon Museum (www,pendonmuseum.com) - and we intend running at least one tour to Pendon, too
- Tim Shackleton, well known in the UK modelling scene
- Mick Bonwick, to present a hands-on weathering session
- Martin Shrubsole talking about the Ffestiniog Railway
- Andrew David, placing a preserved Great Central coach in context with Quintinshill, the UK's worst railway disaster.
- Mike Arnold, past president of the NMRA British Region and current Atlantic Director has offered a number of mostly operations orientated sessions
- Mick Moignard - Modelling Blast - 60 tips in 60 minutes.
- Tim Watson: 2mm scale modelling in general and the Model Railway Club's Copenhagen Fields layout.
- Oliver Green, past curator of the London Transport Museum, will talk about the Tramways of Birmingham
Some of our clinics will be a little longer and hands-on where experts will teach you new skills such as weathering or scenery techniques.
And, if you feel that you have a clinic or clinic idea that should feature at Birmingham 2022, please get in contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll help you all we can to make your clinic great.